The leaves are used both internally and externally for their cooling properties. The leaves can be prepared as a side dish curry, fried or boiled. Mixed with cow’s ghee, garlic, ginger and jeera, fenugreek leaves are fried and made into sauce. Eaten with rice, this reduces joint pains. Fenugreek leaves cure ulcers, dizziness and stomach pain and intestinal ailments.
The fenugreek seeds are still more widely used than the leaves because of its medicinal and commercial uses. Seeds contain the alkaline trigonalline and choline.
- Seeds fried in ghee (1/2 tsp of seeds) powdered, mixed with ½ glass of butter milk and taken, provides fast relief from stomach ache.
- Toasted and infused, the seeds cure dysentery, diarrhea.
- A conjee ( porridge) made with ½ tsp. Fenugreek seeds, (powdered), coarsely ground boiled rice and wheat, is very good for lactating mothers. It helps to produce more breast – milk.
- The seeds are used in every day cooking for seasoning, & flavour.
- The seeds are carminative, demulcent, diuretic , emollient and expectorant.
- The seeds are aphrodisiac. Mixed with moong (Uaed) Dhal and made into ‘Dosas’ (flat tortillas) and consumed, it improves virility and skin condition.
- The best way to use the seeds is to make a ‘tea’. Soak the seeds for a few hours and gently simmer for 10 minutes. Use one level teaspoon of the seeds per cup of water. Drinking this tea, is very effective for respiratory tract ailments. It has a soothing and healing effects on digestive tract, indigestion, ulcers, flatulence etc.
- Recently, the fenugreek seeds have been found to be excellent for diabetes, especially for non – Insulin dependent diabetes. But this treatment should be tried in consultation with your doctor.
- Fenugreek seeds are great coolants.
- The seeds soaked overnight in water and taken in the morning cools the body. Crushed and applied directly to the hair has great cooling action. The paste should not be kept on the head for more than 15 minutes.
- Hair oils are prepared from fenugreek seeds.
- Seeds are used in soap manufacture.
- A type of yellow dye is obtained from the seeds.
- Soaking the seeds, a type of gum is produced and used in printing.
- Fenugreek seeds are used as morning sickness remedy by the Chinese.
- Used as source of fiber to control blood glucose and lipid levels of pregnant diabetic women. It can reduce labor pains.
- Fenugreek seeds are used to enlarge the size of the breast and to increase milk secretion for breast feeding mothers.
Price : Rs. 400.00
[add_to_cart item="343534" showprice="no" ]